Positivity goes a long way in making wonderful memories.
I learned this in 2014. On New Years Eve of 2013, I promised myself that this next year would be the best. 2014 was so amazing. It was off to a rough start, but I landed a job that I loved in the Spring, moved halfway across the world in the Fall, and fell in love by the Winter.
2015 was another promising year. It started in Madrid and was full of love, adventures and laughs.
Some of my favorite memories from 2015:
- Ringing in the New Year in Madrid with D. We cooked some amazing food at his friend’s house. It was very lovely evening and we even tried to go out in Madrid, but everything was dead by the time we got there. It didn’t matter, because I was having plenty of fun just with the right company.
- Spending a week with my friends in Dublin, Edinburgh and then London. I especially loved the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland! Seeing the misty cliffs took my breath away.
- I moved into a new house in March. It’s an ugly old thing, and my first month was spent sleeping on the floor, but it is my own personal space. I get the joy of decorating it a little bit at a time (think: the computer game Sims without the money cheat).
- Running to the station in Beverley with D when we realized the last train was leaving in 10 minutes. We barely made it, but we were laughing and feeling like little kids. The adrenaline rush was intense!
- Getting to see my dog after 8 months of not seeing her. Nala peed on the carpet from excitement of seeing me and we were inseparable for an entire week.
- Spending an amazing week in Tenerife, Spain with D. The entire trip was one, beautiful memory.
- Getting back in shape and in control of my health!
- Turning 27 and getting to spend it with my Mom and my friends!
- Receiving a really beautiful bouquet from my love for my birthday…
- Spending a weekend in Edinburgh with my Mom.
- Spending some time with my brother, and having him with me for Thanksgiving… I got to show him Hull, we explored York together and Edinburgh.
- Enjoying a wonderful Christmas party with my friends and coworkers.
- Coming back to end the year with the person I started it with!
Have a wonderful holiday season and a very happy 2016!
What are your favorite memories this year?
To hear more from me…
If you have any inquiries or questions, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org